We are proud to announce that we have partnered with Hope for Children – an international charity that passionately believes every child has the right to a happy, healthy and positive childhood.
Almost half of the world’s children are vulnerable live in poverty. Hope for Children is making huge strides to change this by creating safe and fulfilling childhoods for underprivileged children around the world.
Their tireless work enriches lives and creates a platform for children to lift themselves out of poverty and enjoy the privileges that every child deserves.
Hope for Children are committed to helping vulnerable children, including:
- Children living with and affected by HIV AIDS and other life-threatening diseases.
- Orphans who have no one to turn.
- Children living/running child-headed households.
- Children with disabilities and special needs.
- Children living or working on the streets.
What attracted us to Hope for Children?
From the outset, our aim was to make everyone at The Happiness Index proud of the organisation. It was important to us that everyone feels like they’re making an active difference to something more than a balance sheet. Mission accomplished!
We spoke with lots of charities, but they were all eclipsed by the amazing work Hope for Children is doing. On top of their amazing initiatives – their enthusiasm, passion and vision for the future spoke volumes to us! We also have synergy when it comes to company practices and values:
- They focus on enriching lives and improving people’s situations – this is exactly what we do for our customers. Our aim is to give people a voice by enriching and energising organisations to make everyone happier and more engaged.
- They empower people to help themselves by providing them with the right tools – we do this by giving our clients the tools they need to gather feedback and improve engagement, culture and workplace happiness.
- They focus on positivity, instead of the inverse – we ensure we take this approach to all our work, so it was important to find a partner that aligns with us and our brand.
Our mission: Helping Uganda’s most vulnerable children
Our money will help fund Hope for Children’s amazing work with orphans and child-headed households in Uganda. Together we’ll help them improve their access to education and lift themselves out of poverty.
We help the children by:
- Providing books and uniforms.
- Paying for their school fees.
- Paying for their meals to maintain health.
- Emergency support – food parcels, medical aid and grants.
- Junior achievers – Workshop that teaches children enterprising business skills.
- Music for hope – Programme that gives children an opportunity to play instruments, build social skills and have some fun!
We want to thank everyone who uses The Happiness Index – without your continued support, we wouldn’t be in a position where we can help these children live full and enriching lives!
We are thrilled about this new partnership and can’t wait to update you all on the amazing things we will be doing for Uganda’s most vulnerable children.