About The Happiness Index
The Happiness Index is a business intelligence tool that helps organisations to gather real-time feedback from their employees. We help businesses understand how their people feel, what is working for them, what could be improved, and how to prioritise changes for maximum impact.
Employee engagement is a mega-trend in HR, and we are at the forefront of it. We are shaking up the industry, and we’ve got a growing reputation for thought-leadership. This role is for you if you want to be part of the employee engagement software revolution!
About the role.
To support ongoing growth, The Happiness Index is looking to recruit a talented developer to join our small yet lively team in London. Reporting to our Chief Technology Officer, you will work with internal and external third-party technical teams to aid the ongoing development and maintenance of our proprietary technology.
The Happiness Index technical team is responsible for making sure the technology is working as it should, and developing new innovations to add value to our existing technical offering for clients. The role requires the highest level of customer service/support and may at times require you to be client-facing by phone or email.
We are a close-knit, entrepreneurial organisation and we want people who join us to want to be a part of a rapidly growing and changing organisation. Every hire is critical, and everyone contributes to the success of the business. We only employee people with the potential to positively transform our business.
- Work with the internal account management team to diagnose and resolve any client issues.
- Work with the onboarding and account management to leverage more technical features of the tool, for example integration with a clients’ internal systems.
- Manage changes to The Happiness Index’s website/s.
- Provide input into the technical roadmap of the tool.
- Production of technical documentation for both internal and external use.
- Work alongside the CTO and external developers to help develop new functionality.
- Participation in the roll-out of for all new software releases of the Happiness Index. This includes reviewing and testing all new versions of the software both big and small, service packs and all major new versions.
- Maintain a high level of communication with colleagues, liaising closely with all the other teams in the Happiness Index on all technical issues.
- Commitment to keep up to speed with all the latest technology in the field in order to help continued innovation and expansion of the tool.
What the ideal candidate looks like.
We are looking to recruit an exceptional and ambitious graduate with a background in computer science, programming and ideally solid web development skills.
Culture is key – they need to be a real self-starter with a natural flair and interest in all things web/software related.
In terms of technical skills, the ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of LAMP stack – MySql and SQL databases, as well as .PHP and Laravel.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Stack.
In addition, we are looking for individuals that are:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- System-oriented and process driven.
- Committed to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Hardworking, dedicated and flexible.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Are a good problem-solver with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- An amazing problem solver, seeking to improve everything they get involved in.
- Able to deal with time-critical issues or pressurised situations.
Application training on the Happiness Index software will be provided and developed through active participation and guidance from the CTO.
How to apply.
If this role sounds like you or someone you know please get in touch with an up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and how you feel your experience and expertise could help us. Please email it to us at: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!