What is People Analytics?
- Helping businesses gather and analyse vital information from people around their business, be it internal or external.
- Using data provided by your people to assist the decision making process.
- A regular feedback mechanism giving a ‘pulse’ of data.
- A way of measuring things that haven’t always previously been measured.
Why is People Analytics important?
- By analysing a ‘pulse’ you can spot opportunities/threats & take action.
- Putting people at the heart of your business will improve morale and performance.
- Measuring things that haven’t always previously been measured.
- Spot opportunities/threats & take action before its too late.
- Improve retention of staff and clients.
- Increase motivation.
- Pinpoint the most effective areas to spend your time.
- Generate greater productivity.
- Create more efficient systems/processes.
- Accelerate sales and continue to grow.
- Achieve more without adding additional resources.
How to implement People Analytics successfully:
- Position your use of People Analytics correctly.
- The leadership of the business need to embrace it and change from an ‘I think’ to an ‘I know’ philosophy.
- Be patient, the job will never be done, look for innovation, not instant perfection.
- Don’t wait for it to be 100%, make a start now.
- Only gather the vital information, don’t be greedy and ask for too much.
- Take the pain, you may not like the answers, but its better to know than not!
- Create a shared vision and generate an environment for change.
- Load it for success, look for the easy wins and make progress on multiple fronts.
- Communicate what feedback you’ve had and what you’re doing with it.
- Above all, keep it simple!